Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Review: Crater

Crater, book one in the Helium-3 series by Homer Hickam, is about a young man named Crater who lives on the moon.  I thought the book would prove an interesting read.  While not entirely unhappy with choosing to read and review the book, I have to be honest in that I was a little disappointed in it after reading the reviews of others.  Perhaps it is just not "my type" of book so much, but it seemed to move along far too slowly, and was for the most part rather uninteresting I thought.  I hate to give a more negative review, but the book did not really capture my attention as I hoped it would.  Maybe it's a more appropriate fit for pre-teen boys interested in sci-fi. Crater was an interesting character and I felt a bit more in step with him, but not with the other characters. I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

Thank you to BookSneeze for the free copy of this book in order to obtain my honest review. Please note that all opinions expressed are genuine and are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I've often wondered if I could handle sci-fi. I could see it being interesting, but also geared more towards guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like some sci-fi, but this particular book just moved too slowly for me and like I think I said, the only character I connected to on any level was the main character, Crater. So I guess it wasn't "my type" of book! :)

    ReplyDelete