Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Love Walking!

Do you?  Yesterday, over my lunch break, I took a walk. Albeit a brief walk, because all I had on were flip-flops and heaven knows they are not exactly heavy-duty walking footwear! LOL Comfy, but NOT sneakers.

Anyhow, on a tangent there. The weather was GORGEOUS yesterday, not too hot and definitely not too cold. And in the shade, JUST RIGHT. Sounding like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, huh?  Couldn't resist!

So, I took a nice stroll about 2 blocks from work and paused under the beautiful, tall, stately oak trees that are just starting to leaf out. And I stared up at those trees and wondered how in the WORLD they were capable of dropping such an outrageous TON of pollen "bundles" . . . . . . and I mean a TON. So much, the entire ground beneath these trees was literally carpeted in little pollen bundles. But, I have to give the trees some credit here. . .  they truly are lovely and so tall and give such wonderful shade once they are leafed out. And though the leaves are the size of squirrel ears (who really can determine that, by the way?) -- which is a sure sign spring has officially begun! -- they are still brilliant green leaves. :-)  And I was still one happy, temperate chick.  And if I had lived abou 50 years go, I would have been a bonified tree-hugging flowerchild.  hahaha  Well, maybe not THAT much of a hippie!

What do you like about spring?  And do you love trees? Or taking walks, leisurely or brisk?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment