Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Change on the Wind

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 
- Hebrews 13:8

Dear friends,
It feels like an eternity since I last made any update to my blog, and in blogger land I suppose it is. Over four months. What can I say?  Only that my life has been full of a strange mix of the "same" day in and day out as well as many, many changes. Sounds paradoxical, doesn't it? But it's true. 

I am going to be forthright. Life has been a struggle for me in the past year. This fact is a raw truth that I have had to process and still am processing.  Life has been more of a struggle for me in the past 4-6 months. In the midst of struggle, I have attempted to always recognize every blessing, however small, and every day I seek to find the many ways that my Heavenly Father shows me His love and care.  Has it been easy?  I cannot say it has. Not in the least. And there are times I have seriously wanted to just throw in the towel, so to speak, and to run away to some deserted island where I don't have to be responsible for anything except myself, my marriage and my sweet little son. Raw honesty here! 

One truth that I have placed at the forefront of my thoughts every day, especially when I feel tossed about by the winds of change, is that Jesus never changes. He is steadfast. And his love endures forever. Just like Hebrews 13:8 above. He is the same. I am so thankful. Because in this life, there is rarely anything that remains steadfast. Of course not all change is "bad" or "difficult." Some of it is even welcomed, and I would be the first to attest to that. I like variety. But here I am referring to difficult change. Change that leaves you reeling, that leaves you feeling alone, or scared, or hopeless. I do not know where I would be if it were not for my choice to keep my eyes above the waves (reminds me of a favorite worship song, Oceans by Hillsong United) and fixed on my Savior. 

Today I hope that you are able to fix your eyes on Jesus. That you are able to keep your head above the water. Keep striving forward. That's what I have been focused on. That is what I am still focused on. But I wanted to drop in and share a little and give an update to my good friends out in the blogger sphere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment