Friday, October 18, 2013

"Autumn is a Second Spring . . . . "

I loved this quote I found while searching the keyword "Autumn" today on Goodreads:

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."  - Albert Camus.

Is this not the truth?  Autumn is quite honestly my favorite time of year.  Especially when there has been enough rain and the right weather conditions for the leaves to turn into vibrant flame, burnished red and sunshiny yellow. I LOVE the changing leaves.  The crisp, earthy air that fills your lungs without pressing upon you as the humid summer air always does.  The rain showers, and the stunning skies that trail behind and can only be seen so dramatically blue and yet filled with shades of grey and white clouds in autumn. The festive, portly orange pumpkins and the ghoulishly white pumpkins, the warty gourds the multi-colored corn. The hot chocolate. The salted caramel mocha at the ever popular Starbucks.  The anticipation of Thanksgiving and then of Christmas.  Wearing long sleeved, cozy shirts and warm, wooly slippers.  Taking walks and just soaking it all in. Watching in wonder every year as the trees slowly shed their summer dresses to stand stark and majestic monuments against the winter sky, their only covering an occasional dusting of sparkling frost.

Yes, I love autumn.  To me it is the most beautiful season of all, and truly the quote speaks what I've felt for so long......that autumn IS a second spring, "When every leaf is a flower."

Happy Autumn, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Autumn is my favorite season too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, this post made me so happy it's autumn! I love it, and love that quote. My husband always sings "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year..." when the first signs of autumn peek through. :)

    I just started blogging again, and I'm sorry it's taken me forever to come visit again. I'm so glad I did, since I've missed your writings!

    ReplyDelete