Sunday, January 27, 2013

Book Review: To Love and Cherish

To Love and Cherish is book number two in the Bridal Veil Island series by Christian authors Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller.  When I requested to review this book, I did not realize it was actually the second in a series I was unfamiliar with, however it was a good stand alone book.

To Love and Cherish (Bridal Veil Island)

What I loved: I did like the setting (close to turn of the 19th century and primarily in Bridal Veil Island, a fictional island near a real to life place called Jekyll Island off the coast of Georgia, I believe).  I did like most of the characters and felt they were relatively well developed, with the exception of a few.

What I didn't like so much:  Overall, I thought that the plot dragged.  I felt like it started all right and then took a very long time to get around to the end, which wrapped up quickly. Almost as if the middle was just "filling" to try to cover more pages? I don't know but that's how it felt. Overall it was not a bad read in the least, but I just had trouble getting through the entire middle basically.

I would give this book approximately 3/5 stars.

Thanks to Bethany House for sending me a free copy of this book in order to procure my review. Please note that all opinions expressed are honest and are my own.  I borrowed the book image from Amazon.com as I didn't have another to borrow, hence the "click to Look Inside," sorry! And credits to Amazon. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I sometimes pick up books that are a "second" or "third" in a series. Haha! Oh well, sometimes they are still good enough to read alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mrs. Pedersen: Yes, I've done that I think twice now by accident. Oh well, it really did work as a stand-alone novel. :)

    ReplyDelete